Going Multilingual: 3 Ways Website Translation Boosts Your Business

The internet is a huge marketplace.

Or even better.

The internet is a global marketplace filled with customers from around the world.

If you own an online business, then you are most likely given a great opportunity to boost your revenue – but only if you think out of the box.

But what’s outside the box?

Translating a website into other languages beyond the basic one – usually English – immediately allows for expanding sales to a range of other countries and purchasing audiences. 

According to Statistics & Data the top 10 languages in the world by the number of speakers are as follows: 1) English, 2) Chinese Mandarin, 3) Hindi, 4) Spanish, 5) French, 6) Bengali, 7) Modern Arabic, 8) Portuguese, 9) Russian, 10) Urdu.

Every new language into which your business website is translated creates a new market that, up until this point, had no preference for your website because they could not understand it.

At least that was the case until now.

Here are three ways your website’s translation can greatly boost your business.

Increased Visibility & Traffic

By translating your website into multiple languages, you can expand your reach to a global audience. Knowing that only 25% of internet users are native English speakers, it is perhaps time to begin considering the needs of the remaining 75%.

A professional translation of your website, which of course has been carried out by specialised and certified translators who know exactly how to transfer words from one language to another while keeping the content genuine and engaging, can lead to increased visibility and a significant increase in traffic to your site.

Additionally, the translated versions of your website can also be optimised for search engines in the target languages, which will raise your ranking on search engine results pages (SEO – SERP).

A higher ranking means potential new customers.

Keep that always in mind!


Improved User Experience

One of the most important success criteria for any business, whether it’s physical or online, is having a trusting relationship and open lines of communication with its customers.

A website that provides visitors with several language options shows respect for them and its desire to establish a connection.

No automatic machine translation can ever take the place of an accurate and thorough translation done by a qualified translator, who establishes the basis for the meaning and details of the relevant content.

Users can find a site that has been well translated to be more accessible and friendlier since they will be able to navigate with ease and accurately understand the information that interests them, which will lead to a positive overall experience.


Increased Sales & Revenue

Let’s be honest.

Any business’s ultimate objective is to turn visitors into customers. The more quality and attention to detail a business offers, the more likely a visitor will trust your business over another.

And what better way to achieve that than to offer your website in multiple languages? This way you can provide a tailored user experience to a wider audience, boosting your company’s sales and revenue.

No one can dispute the fact that when we have the option to conduct product research in our native tongue, we feel more confident and safer about moving forward with the purchase.

It is really important to always think that one satisfied customer can turn into many future customers, through positive reviews on Google, comments on social networks, and of course, word of mouth.

Give your customers the attention they deserve and be sure that the benefits will be manifold.

In Conclusion

In conclusion, businesses that want to increase their presence to a global audience will find that website translation can be a game-changer.

Website translation is a wise investment that can have a big impact on your company, increasing visibility and traffic, user experience, sales, and revenue.

By making your website available in several different languages, you can increase trust with visitors from all over the world and succeed in the international market.